10 Ajegunle People That Made It And Never Remembered Their Roots
By Godday Odidi
Everybody that comes from Ajegunle community in Ajeromi-Ifelodun local Government Area of Lagos State should be proud of their origins than showcasing their acclaimed new status of life. In the last National Assembly elections in Lagos State, Barr. Rita Orji promised to project Ajegunle community at the National Assembly which no political leader has done since the creation of Ajeromi-Ifelodun local Government Area in Nigeria. Many of these Ajegunle achievers have failed to project Ajegunle to the world than seeing themselves as world lords.
Ajegunle image is poorly projected by these so-called Ajegunlites but the good news is that without these achievers, Ajegunle is still growing day by day with great men and women emerging from their passions. Again, Daddy Showkey is one Ajegunle product that has been projecting Ajegunle at any forum without be intimidated.Ajegunle is blessed with abundant talents to the core.10 Ajegunle people that made it and never extended their philanthropic gestures to the up and coming Ajegunlites are:
1.Michael Collins Ajereh is popularly known as ‘Don Jazzy’ and one of the richest music producer in Africa but failed to groom young musicians in Ajegunle.Galala music has gone under the bridge due to lack of sponsorship which has made many of these frustrated Ajegunle musicians to take Baba Ijebu as their alternative source of income. He has the financial connection to rebrand Ajegunle music to the world but prefers to project other music arts and nothing more.
2. Gideon Okeke is one Ajegunle product that came to stardom after he participated at the first Big brother Africa. He was initially residing at Ojo road in Ajegunle with his parents until he was resurrected from poverty. Though, his parents were averagely doing well not as big as some notable families in Nigeria. He is one of the leading actors in Tinsel, a renowned soap opera programme and presently advertising on Etisalat on major Nigerian Television stations. He is capable of training young Ajegunlites to stardom.
3. Charles Okafor was one of the first Nollywood actors that came from Ajegunle, precisely Okoya Street, Ojo road, Ajegunle.Though, he is no longer featuring in most of the Nigerian movies again but his intellectual connection is enough to groom Ajegunle budding actors and actresses in Nigeria.
4. Linus Idahosa is one renowned Ajegunle movie producer and media professional that God has divinely blessed in all ramifications. He is married to one notable Nollywood actress; Stephanie (Okereke) Idahosa.He has not extended his philanthropic gestures to Ajegunle people in the acting world. In 2014, April when Apostle Randle invited him to his church at Babani Street, Ajegunle and he told the ever listening audience that he has a project for Ajegunle young actors and actresses but nothing has been done till today. He was bred up in Ajegunle and nothing to give back to Ajegunle.
5. Peter Rufai was one of the great goalkeepers that came from Ajegunle but failed to build young Ajegunle goalkeepers for international competitions. His international name is enough to grow Ajejunle young goalkeepers in Nigeria.
6. Chief Timipre Sylva was the former governor of Bayelsa State and presently running for 2015 Bayelsa State Governorship election under the All Progressives Congress (APC).He never remembered Ajegunle people till date. Without these personalities Ajegunle people are soaring high in their various professions.
7. Bright Okpocha is popularly called as ‘Basket mouth’ and one of the Nigerian leading comedians in the country. He precisely resided at Ozor Street in Ajegunle then. He has not created any comedy platform in Ajegunle with the plethora of comedians looking for opportunities to showcase their God given talents in life. He has appeared in several media adverts that worth millions of naira and yet to give to Ajegunle up-and-coming comedians.
8. Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo is popularly called as KC Presh and one of the Ajegunle music stars that came into limelight after he participated at the first Star Quest and won.Today, he has become a world class musician doing pretty well in the entertainment industry. He has not able to build any music home for Ajegunle young musicians than displaying his wealth on the pages of newspapers and facebook.
9. Dr.Chima Okereke is the General Overseer of Global Success Ministries International. He started his ministry from Ajegunle and today, his church remains one of the largest in Festac town and has a Global TV Satellite viewing all his messages around the world. He has failed to acknowledge Ajegunle in his ministry.
10. Pastor Tarribo West was one of those that made Super Eagles excelled in every of their football matches but he has failed to impact on the lives of Ajegunle people. He is no longer active in football due to age and otherwise. His impacts ought to be felt in Ajegunle .
Those who failed to give to Ajegunlites through their humanitarian services would surely give account of their stewardship one day. It is not necessary that you must have millions of naira in your account before you can make people happy in life.
Social Media Analyst/Mindset Media Limited
Culled from http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/194443/50/10-ajegunle-people-that-made-it-and-never-remember.html